A cutting edge startup in the network security space is redefining the machine learning space by creating a cutting edge solution in the hea...
A cutting edge startup in the network security space is redefining the machine learning space by creating a cutting edge solution in the heart of Silicon Valley. This company is creating next generation malware detection processes that attack threats based behavioral traits that are identified through machine learning, and offers the ability to constantly be one step ahead of the next threat.
Their small, dynamic team is seeking a talented engineer that can apply cutting edge machine learning, AI and modeling techniques to stop hackers in real time as they attack networks. In this role, you will directly impact the product by developing and implementing the core algorithms that detect malicious and anomalous behaviors on the network.
Prime location on Santana Row, impressive team of successful startupers and talented recent graduates, and a complex thought-provoking product backed by more than $350 Million of tier 1 VC funding.
What You Will Be Doing
- MS/PhD in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- 1-3 years of industry experience in machine learning and/or statistical modeling applying the techniques to real world problems
- Python programming experience
- Experience with object oriented programming, C++, and/or Java
- Computational programming experience: R, MATLAB/Octave, Python/Pandas
- Leverage large datasets to develop machine-learning and statistical models that can differentiate between normal and attack behavior.
- Own the prototyping, development, and testing of complex detection algorithms that implement these models and provide customers with real-time visibility.
- Analyze detection algorithm performance and present key findings to business leaders.
- Collaborate with Security Research, Data Engineering, and Software Engineering teammates
- Competitive Salary: Up to $170k/year, DOE
- Stock Options with an approaching exit strategy
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today's highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.
#LI-BG1 - provided by Dice