The Algorithm Development Engineer will be involved in the development of computer vision, image processing, ...
The Algorithm Development Engineer will be involved in the development of computer vision, image processing, and machine learning algorithms for several of our real-time airport x-ray baggage scanning products. The candidate will be working on algorithms for 2-d and 3-d volumetric x-ray detection of explosives (and other prohibited items) in passenger baggage leading to official TSA and EU certification testing. We have thousands of scanners in daily operation around the world on which your algorithms will be deployed and in daily operation.
- Implement production quality real-time C++ software for sophisticated computer vision and machine learning algorithms; primarily for detecting threat objects in 3-d volumetric x-ray data.
- Design and implement new algorithms and improve existing algorithms in C++ algorithm framework class structure using good software engineering techniques with emphasis on reusability and efficiency
- Train machine learning classifiers with emphasis on classifier generalization. Machine learning involves training traditional machine learning classifiers on datasets composed of feature vectors for objects identified in x-ray scans.
- Assist with the development of new deep learning algorithms to improve the detection performance for challenging threats
- Analyze data, make recommendations, write technical reports
- Interface with other software teams to integrate algorithms with external software components.
- May require occasional travel (5%), domestic or international, to assist with data collections
- MS/PhD in computer science/engineering in a related subject such as computer vision, machine learning or AI
- 3 years image processing experience (filtering, segmentation, edge detection, object detection)
- 3 years machine learning classifier development experience
- 3 years C++ development in a scientific software development environment
- Strong math, analytical and communication skills.
- Experience with product quality software development including optimizing algorithm implementations to reduce run-time
- Experience with Windows and Linux development environments including writing scripts
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools
- Must have positive, team focused attitude and approach to work tasks. Must be a team player, but also needs to be able to carry out tasks independently.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US secret security clearance - requires US Citizenship
- 2 years experience with deep learning tools and methods for computer vision
- Experience with Python, R and perl
- Strong understanding of statistical pattern recognition and classification.
- Basic knowledge of x-ray systems and technologies
- Real-time programming,
- Current US secret security clearance
SDASExternal Referral Bonus:
IneligiblePotential for Telework:
Yes, 25%Clearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Signal Processing EngineeringPay Range: