Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that ele...
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design - where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the "Company"), we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
We are currently seeking a Camera Perception - Deep Learning Optimization Engineer for our ADAS/Autonomous Driving team. This position requires an experienced professional with strong programming skills and solid knowledge of state-of-the-art tools to optimize deep learning models for efficient inference.
As a member of the Lucid Motors Camera Perception team, you will work closely with engineers from various AD teams (e.g. Camera Perception, Embedded) to understand the AD hardware and scope out optimization opportunities for Deep Learning models that are specific to the target hardware and its constraints. Understanding the architectures of perception models, designing and implementing deep learning optimization routines for fast and efficient inference and conducting experiments on internal benchmarks are a few things within which you might be involved in the Camera Perception team at Lucid Motors. In addition, you will play a pivotal role in setting the requirements and informing the architecture for the AD target platform.
- Work in a world-class ADAS/Autonomous Driving team and comfortable with production environment
- Define and lead the team's technical roadmap for DL model optimization for current and future AD target hardware
- Research, investigate and prototype model optimization techniques such as model quantization, compression or pruning to name a few
- Develop and implement customized optimizations on custom models leveraging internal datasets and benchmarks
- Develop framework to seamlessly incorporate optimizations into existing model training pipelines as well as into post-training workflows
- Comfortable with reading, debugging and modifying large codebases in particular for deep learning models
- Optimization of preprocessing/postprocessing code to run efficiently on target device and leveraging CUDA kernels to minimize latency and runtimes
- Strong experience with Python and C++ programming languages with an emphasis on good software engineering practices.
- Experience with TensorRT as well as ML frameworks like Pytorch, TensorFlow, MXNet, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and have a 'do not leave any stone unturned' attitude for root-causing issues and problems
- You take pride in your excellent communication skills
- Passionate about technology and being on the cutting edge
- Experience writing CUDA kernels and TensorRT plugins
- Excellent C/C++ programming especially as it pertained to embedded devices
- Knowledge of applicable safety standards and regulations (ASPICE, ISO 26262)
- BS minimum in the areas of Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related fields
- At least 3 years of work experience or a Ph.D. in a related field for a senior position
- Advanced degrees preferred
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies : Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.