About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 6...
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 68 countries, with more than 193,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through two core businesses: Corporate & Institutional Banking and Retail Banking and Services (comprised of Domestic Markets and International Financial Services).
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has had a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Chicago and San Francisco.
BNP Paribas' Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services.
BNP Paribas Asset Management is the asset management arm of BNP Paribas, one of the world's foremost financial institutions, and offers high value-added solutions to individual savers, companies, and institutional investors.
Bank of the West, our retail banking and services affiliate, serves more than 2 million individuals and small- and medium-sized businesses through a network of around 500 branches and business centers across the U.S.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas The Bank for a Changing World.
Change & Solution is an integrated and agile structure to facilitate the delivery of change solutions across the BNPP platform, with deep interconnectivity across businesses and functions in order to support the execution of priority initiative combining, from strategic consulting to execution.
The Analytics Lab falls under the Change & Solutions and is responsible for the industrialization of data driven and AI opportunities for the Americas region. The Analytics Lab supports the platform to innovate and implement ideas that challenge the status quo of the organization and improve the way we operate. It is a center of expertise in CIB Americas to maximize the bank understanding of customers, enhance products, services and operations with a data driven approach.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates will be measured on the following four performance drivers which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
The Machine learning Engineer will be part of the data science team analyzing business issues / opportunities and solve them through a deep data analytical approach. This position brings analytical rigor and statistical methods to improve client experience, marketing strategy, platform efficiency and employee experience:
- Highlight opportunities in BNPP Americas' data to generate new market opportunities as well as an enhanced client experience through the application of deep analytical solutions.
- Apply advanced statistical models to perform patterns identification, and add predictive analysis to enhance its insights on large and complex datasets.
- Provide expertise in statistical modeling techniques, Machine learning and Deep learning applied to time series forecasting, recommendation engines, image recognition or natural language processing.
- Implement State of the art ML models and deploy them in the bank production environment
- Facilitate internal validations (IT, Risk, Compliance), deployment and model support.
- Provide knowledge on technology and business trends advising on potential benefits and impacts through conferences and research.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Master's degree in MIS, Computer Science, Optimization, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative related field
- 1+ years of relevant work experience in Machine learning / Deep learning
- Proven ability to use mathematical techniques to draw inferences and solve business issues. Strong technical experience and applied knowledge of traditional machine learning algorithms and deep learning frameworks
- Expertise in some of the major programming languages and OOP (Python, C/C++, C#, Java, Scala..), statistical software and data wrangling tools (SQL)
- Experience with source control and release management (Git)
- Positive, energetic, flexible and self-motivated team player with strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proficiency to interact professionally
- Very strong work ethic and ability to deal with confidential information
- Agile to quickly adapt to new situations and conduct projects in a fluid work environment
- Ability to go beyond existing frameworks by suggesting new ideas which are suitable for clients and/or the organization
- PhD degree and/or research experience in a quantitative discipline
- DNN experience with state of the art NLP techniques (Language models training, fine tuning & usage)
- Experience with distributed data framework/processing and GPU computing
- Experience with containerization and CICD deployment
FINRA Registrations Required: No
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required): No
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person: No
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.