"Vorsprung durch Technik" or, "Progress through Technology" is our company ethos and is the core belief that drives the development of every...
"Vorsprung durch Technik" or, "Progress through Technology" is our company ethos and is the core belief that drives the development of every Audi vehicle. It inspires the innovative solutions, revolutionary engineering and progressive design that have become synonymous with the Audi name. And it reminds us to challenge ourselves, rewrite the rules from time to time and always fuel our pioneering spirit. The spirit that sets us apart on the racetrack and the open road. In our relentless pursuit to become the number one premium car brand in America, we need employees who share in this spirit of challenging the status quo in everything that we do.
Program Engineer - Machine Learning is responsible for the development and implementation projects by collaborating with engineers and suppliers. Designing & architecting complex embedded and cloud platform solutions for Machine Learning and managing the execution through design, prototyping & hands-on development. This will include planning and executing projects for autonomous driving functions including development of the system architecture and its individual components like perception, fusion, planning and tactic, shadow mode, corner case finding, filtering, as well as cloud applications for handling big data, and training the systems.
Manage Machine Learning development and implementation projects (40%)
Develop embedded platform solutions for Big Loop projects (40%)
- Design and implement machine learning applications towards autonomous driving, in the fields of perception, fusion, planning/tactics, shadow mode, corner case finding, as well as cloud applications for training, filtering and searching big databases
- Provide technical leadership for the development teams and act as a mentor for engineers
- Lead and collaborate on all phases of the development life cycle (requirements analysis, high level design, detailed design, coding, unit test, integration, system level test)
- Analyze the requirements to determine feasibility of the system design within time and cost constraints
- Interface with both internal and external customers
- Collaborate with other system architects and product owners for finding product solutions
Manage projects (20%)
- Implement the individual Big Loop components including shadow mode testing, data filtering in vehicle and offline, AI training, as optimization of the networks for deployment.
- Develop corner case collection in-vehicle system for AI training
- Perform AI SoC and sensor evaluations
- Work on offline tools for data preparation for DL training.
- Develop ML inference solutions on XAVIER or similar platforms.
- Seek out ways to automate and accelerate development of data-driven products, as well as the execution of these processes
- Maintain and look to improve our Machine Learning Deployment Pipeline
- Managing personnel, budget and schedules with internal customers (CSO, Audi and Porsche) and external suppliers.
- Tracking schedules, reconciling budgets monthly and report risks to management.
- Set recurring status meetings and work with stakeholders to set goals, and define scope and objectives.
- Defining approval scope
- Building traceability within the development process
- Definition of required scope of local test cases (HW and SW testing, scope: platform)
- Resource planning for approval activities
- Monitoring of test execution to ensure on time approval
- Generate approval recommendation.
United States-California-Santa ClaraExperience
- 10 - 13+ years of relevant work experience
- Master's or PhD in in Engineering (electrical, computer science or comparable)
- Excellent planning and organization, project management and time management skills
- Project management (desirable in innovative technology environment and agile methods)
- Effective analytical and conceptual skills to derive adequate solutions for technical problems
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Open minded and empathic work style
- Excellent team player
- Knowledge in using requirement management, configuration management and change management tools
- Ability to translate system performance and operational specifications into software requirements, design, and test specifications
- Expert knowledge of deep learning techniques such as CNN, RNN, LSTM and GAN.
- Experience with application of deep learning techniques for automotive applications
- Expert level experience in at least one of TensorFlow, PyTorch, or Caffe
- Experience with cloud environments as MS Azure or AWS
- Practical experience with development processes, like ASPICE
- Experience with GPU Architectures and Programming in OpenCL or CUDA
- Experience with model optimization both for cloud and embedded applications
- Experience with 3D vision/sensing applied for automotive application
- Experience on applying Deep Learning techniques within different domains (e.g. perception, fusion, planning) and different data types (e.g. images, point clouds, object lists) (desired)
- Ability to test, debug and integrate on embedded systems (desired)
- Experience with Functional Safety - ISO 26262, SOTIF (desired)
- Understanding of Design Patterns & CI/CD (desired)
- Basic German language skills (written and spoken) (desired).
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.