LMI Technologies, recognized as one of Canada's Best Workplaces, is a medium-sized technology company built on a culture of openness, respec...
LMI Technologies, recognized as one of Canada's Best Workplaces, is a medium-sized technology company built on a culture of openness, respect and professional excellence. At LMI our staff work passionately toward the common goal of designing and delivering innovative 3D machine vision solutions to OEMs and System Integrators working in industrial factory automation around the world. The result of this teamwork is high-performance, easy-to-implement and cost-effective 3D sensor technologies that deliver the best results in even the most challenging 3D inline inspection applications.
What will you do as a Applied Machine Learning Engineer?
LMI Applied Machine Learning Engineers solve tough factory inspection applications using state of the art deep learning models. As an Applied Machine Learning Engineer, you will work directly with customers to develop custom inspection solutions. You are responsible for gathering image data, wrangling and preprocessing, model pipeline design and training, and model runtime performance. You will also be working hand in hand with the software engineering team to advance the Inspection Gadget runtime platform and with the internal R&D team to develop new deep learning models for customer applications.
You will be a key part of the AI Solutions in the Boston office while working on the FringeAI inspection software and will report to the Senior Director - AI Solutions Team.
What do you need to be successful?
- Designs, trains, and optimizes deep learning model pipelines for customer applications using state of the art open source models and custom models from R&D team
- Works with Field Application Engineers to qualify inspection opportunities
- Determines all vision sensor specifications for 2D and 3D applications
- Work with Solutions Team engineers to optimize model runtime performance
- Last mile configuration of runtime Gadget App including layout, image annotations, and graphs and Gadget OS including controller and services (sensor, automation, pipeline)
- Responsible for coordinating customer engagements, pilot deployment and production scaling
- Provides input to R&D team to help with project prioritization
- Proactively contributes to and implements continuous improvement initiatives
- Adheres to LMI Employee Policy Manual.
How to submit your interest?
- BS/MS/PhD with 2-5 years of related professional experience
- Fluent: Python, TensorFlow, OpenCV, Numpy, SciKit Learn and other ML
- Superb knowledge of deep learning modeling techniques and trends, especially CNN based model architectures for computer vision applications
- Familiarity with semantic segmentation/FCN, object detectors, auto-encoder, GAN, etc.
- Demonstrated experience deploying models on embedded platforms like Raspberry Pi, Nvidia Jetson, or similar.
- Demonstrated experience extracting / applying software from open source repos
- Excellent problem solving skills in the face of ambiguity using a clear understanding of facts and implementation of test plans and solution strategies
- Solid interpersonal skills to be effective in a team environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with proficiency using Google products as an asset
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills
- Self-motivated, have a positive attitude and a results oriented approach to business
- A valid passport and the ability to travel domestically up to 20%
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and working for a fast-growing global technology company with an inspiring and engaging workplace environment, please submit your application to our Human Resources team in confidence by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
While we appreciate your interest in LMI very much, we are only able to respond to candidates selected for further consideration. We look forward to talking to you about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career!Why being inclusive is important to us?
At LMI Technologies, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person's talents and strengths.
If you are interested in working for a fast-growing global technology company with an inspiring and engaging workplace environment, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career. #LMISJ
Powered by JazzHR